Post-Workout Dragonfruit Protein Smoothie
Plant-based Protein Smoothie with Banana & Pitahaya “Nice-Cream”
The team behind Producers Stories is crazy about food—especially food with a story to tell. We’re passionate about bringing farm-to-table flavors into your home with recipes, product spotlights, and blogs highlighting our farmers’ voices.
If you have a bit of time after an intense workout, it’s a great idea to prepare a plant-based protein smoothie full of the nutrients your muscles need to recover quickly.
Protein powders can help you achieve your fitness goals, whether you are a serious athlete or just someone who likes to exercise regularly. You don’t necessarily need to supplement if you can get protein from other sources, but protein powders and smoothies can be pretty convenient. There are plenty of plant-based and organic protein smoothies on the market with incredible flavors and textures—all made naturally and ethically.
This recipe is inspired by the delicious bananas of Coopeassa in Costa Rica. We hope the delicious taste of this “nice-cream” will have you feeling connected to the source of your food and curious to know your farmer!
- 100g frozen bananas from Coopeassa
- 100g frozen dragonfruit pulp
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups any plant-based milk
- 1 Tbsp cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp filtered water
- 1 scoop of organic vegan protein powder, vanilla flavor
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Mix the protein powder with 1 cup of plant-based milk and the oats. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the dragonfruit pulp, bananas, and the rest of the milk. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Mix two tablespoons of water with the cashew butter until you have a creamy cashew sauce.
- In your favorite glass, add the protein and fruit mixes. Serve the cashew sauce on top and add the cacao nibs to give it some crunchiness. You can also add any other ingredients you want: nuts, seeds, granola… get creative!
Boost your workout with this post-exercise protein smoothie, and let us know in the comments. Check out all our recipes on Producers Stories here: