Holiday Recipe: Raw Vegan Eggnog (Veggnogg)
Holiday Cheer in a Cup
The team behind Producers Stories is crazy about food—especially food with a story to tell. We’re passionate about bringing farm-to-table flavors into your home with holiday recipes, product spotlights, and blogs highlighting our farmers’ voices.
Enjoy some conscious holiday cheer with this raw vegan eggnog recipe. It’s incredibly easy to make and comes out super thick and yummy. I love that this vegan interpretation of a holiday classic is cruelty free, cholesterol free, and nut free.
Did you know that nutmeg is not actually from a nut? Isn’t that wild! You can drink way more of this Veggnogg (vegan eggnog) than any “normal” eggnog. Your whole family will be craving this even after the holidays. Luckily you can enjoy this all year round. It is not only vegan, but also raw and has no added sugar.
The whole point of this recipe is to enjoy this classic holiday recipe but with added health benefits—like the potassium that you get from bananas. However, if you’re feeling like spicing things up, add a little rum (I won’t judge)!
- 1/4 cup To Your Health Organic Sprouted Rolled Oats
- 1 cup water (can replace oats and water with 1¼ cups oat milk)
- 2 pitted dates, soaked
- 1 teaspoon allspice (or combine ½ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground cloves and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg)
- 2 medium-sized frozen ripe bananas
- ½ tsp natural Vaoala vanilla extract (optional, makes it sweeter)
- Measure all ingredients and add to blender (use more or less of anything to taste).
- Blend until smooth (about 45 seconds).
*Add some vegan whipped cream to make it even tastier!*
Have you tried this Veggnog (vegan eggnog) holiday recipe at home? How did you add your own twist? Share with us in the comments!