Raw Vegan Nori Wrap
A Fresh & Healthy Inspiration for Nori Seaweed Lovers
The team behind Producers Stories is crazy about food—especially food with a story to tell. We’re passionate about bringing farm-to-table flavors into your home with recipes, product spotlights, and blogs highlighting our farmers’ voices.
Sushi is one of the most beloved foods all over the world. Do you love sushi, but don’t know how to make it vegan—raw vegan for that matter? Well, this recipe is so simple, and has such a burst of different flavors for anyone who loves sushi.
Nori seaweed is high in B vitamins, iodine, and other nutrients that keep us energized and healthy. Mango is high in vitamin C, vitamin A, and so much more; it also adds a unique texture and sweet, tangy flavor to this recipe. Avocado and cucumber are vegan sushi staples with the healthy fats from the avocado and the hydration and crunchiness of cucumber. Sauerkraut is fermented, and thus has the good bacteria we need for a healthy gut. Mint is not only refreshing and good for the breath, but also a sweet contrast to the intense seaweed flavor. It is also good for digestion.
This recipe can be changed up easily, since almost any fruit or vegetable will taste great and add a new twist. This recipe is ideal for bringing a snack on the go, or for a quick and inexpensive meal.
Raw Vegan Nori Wrap
- (1-5) Nori Seaweed sheets
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Mango
- 1 Cucumber
- Pinch of Sauerkraut
- Handful of Mint
- Chop the mango, avocado and cucumber.
- Lay out the nori sheets.
- Put a little of each ingredient in the nori sheets and roll into wraps (make as many as you’d like).
- Enjoy your raw vegan nori wrap!
- You can modify this any way you like, adding as much or as little of the ingredients as you desire, or experimenting with different flavors and textures. Usually one whole avocado, cucumber, and mango yield about five nori wraps.
Check out all our recipes on Producers Stories: