Easy, Paleo & Gluten Free Breadfruit Bread
Light and Fluffy Sandwich Bread
The Producers Stories team is happy to share this homemade breadfruit bread recipe with our community. We always love to share farm-to-table flavors through recipes, product spotlights, and blogs that highlight our farmers’ voices.
For this recipe, we plucked inspiration from a new producer featured on our platform, Jungle Project, and their star product, breadfruit flour.
Breadfruit is a tropical superfruit that’s rich in carbohydrates and a great source of:
- Dietary fiber
- Omega 3 & 6
- Vitamin A & C
We are excited to share this recipe for homemade sandwich bread featuring this super-charged ingredient. Light, fluffy, and with a satisfying crust, this breadfruit bread is truly perfect for any type of sandwich. Made almost entirely from breadfruit flour, it is free of gluten, grains, dairy, sugar, and soy… as well as being extremely quick and easy to make!
Toast it to make a sandwich, or top with almond butter and fruit for a wholesome treat.
(You can also add other toppings like honey, vanilla, cinnamon, dried fruit or even chocolate for a sweeter spin!)
- 2 cups breadfruit flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 2 large egg whites, whisked
- 6 Tbsp plant-based milk of your choice
- 1/2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees °F (180 degrees °C) and line an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil or other oil of your choice.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg whites, almond milk, vinegar, and olive oil.
- Proceed to add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and stir until moistened. Don’t overmix.
- Transfer the batter (it should look like thick, sticky dough) into the prepared loaf pan, spread evenly, and tap the pan on the countertop to make sure it’s distributed. If desired, brush the top of the loaf with extra milk or egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until the loaf has completely risen and the top is a deep golden brown.
- Remove bread from the oven, and rest the pan on a wire rack to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Remove loaf from the pan by holding the sides of the parchment paper and lifting straight up. Continue to let it cool on the rack.
- Slice and serve as desired. Store leftovers covered tightly in the refrigerator for up to four days. You can also freeze it for extra longevity!
We would love to know how this recipe works for you. Be sure to take pictures and tag us on our Instagram @healthy and the Jungle Project’s @jungle.foods.
Bread came out very tough