Raw Vegan Recipe: Maca Dice
Don’t think you should play with your food? Think again!
Try this playful raw vegan maca recipe for a fun and healthy snack.
The team behind Producers Stories is crazy about food—especially food with a story to tell. We’re passionate about bringing farm-to-table flavors into your home with recipes, product spotlights, and blogs highlighting our farmers’ voices.
Maca Dice Is a Perfect & Fun Raw Vegan Maca Recipe
Maca is an Andean root that goes with anything. People like to think of it as a super food. In this recipe it’s not only super but it’s also a play food. I’ve seen maca used in smoothies, energy balls, and açaí bowls, but I wanted to make something unique with it… edible raw vegan dice. Maca tastes so good with bananas in smoothies, so why not make a fun treat with that in mind? The flavor of maca is hard to describe, I would say that it is starchy like a potato, with a hint of vanilla. The flavor is subtle but it just tastes like it’s giving me energy.
Maca is said to enhance fertility, to improve strength, and also provide a lot of energy. Aside from this, it adds a sweet and tasty earthy flavor to anything. Bananas can help with mood, digestion, brain function, and replenish electrolytes. So, if you need some energy for a work out, these maca dice cubes are perfect for that.
I happened to have an ice cube tray with little dice number indentations, but if you can’t find that, a normal ice cube tray will suffice. I used cinnamon for that flavor kick, but keep in mind that cinnamon is not water soluble, so you will have to mix it with water for a while, or replace the cinnamon and water with something else that can resemble the dots on the dice cubes.
- 2+ bananas
- 1 lemon
- 2+ tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (can use carob powder or even dark seeds as a sub)
- 1 tbsp water
- Peel bananas
- Cut lemon
- Mix the bananas, lemon, maca powder, and maple syrup in a blender
- Mix the cinnamon and water and leave it for 10 minutes at least (cinnamon is not water soluble)
- Get your square dice cube tray and put dots on the bottom, with a chopstick, as if they are the numbers on the dice
- Pour the mixture from the blender into the ice cube tray
- Leave it in the freezer for 2 hours
- Remove from the freezer
- Roll up little balls with the cinnamon and water
- Remove the cubes from the tray and add the cinnamon balls to the dice cubes, as numbers
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can modify this raw vegan maca recipe in so many ways, and it will still taste great. Maca goes with so many things.
- Let us know if you modify it!
These dice cubes are going to give you lots of energy! Want more creative and fun recipes? Head over to our recipes platform for more inspiration!